Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a way to start the day

I'll be honest. I haven't even titled this post yet. I'm not sure where it's going to head and I figure it will be easier and more fitting to title it when I am finished.

Do you ever have one of those mornings that from the moment you wake up your mind is swirling with so many different things? As I opened my eyes to greet the daylight, my mind began going down almost a mental list of people, events, decisions to be made and situations to figure out. Too much to think about, especially when me thinking about it will rarely help it find a solution or shed new light on the situation. So, I just start over with them all again, saying them again in my head (or else I would wake up Anthony and he would be reminded that he married a spazz). What a blessing to be able to start my day that way. I know that sounds strange. The way I look at it is that God is so good that He is ready for me first thing every morning. I don't have to wait for him to wake up more, or to have a cup of coffee first. He's ready, willing and more than able to listen. The best part is that He actually has the wisdom and strength to work all of those many things out for His glory.

What a way to start the day. OK, so I'll use that for the title.

No comments: