Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When pride comes then comes disgrace...

This week in Living Free, we are studying that one of our priority missions as Christians should be to glorify God. In fact, it should be the main mission of our lives. And Day 3's study started out with a very pointed and painfully truthful scripture found in Proverbs 11:2,

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

I don't know about you, but my pride is not typically a topic that I am fond of discussing with anyone, but least with my God. He is the person that my pride works directly against, and to be completely truthful with you, it brings me shame.

And I love that today, God has pointed out to me that when I'm full of myself, that is the moment of true disgrace.

This week we also glanced at Isaiah 66:2 -

"This is the one I esteem, he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."

I love how all throughout His Word, God faithfully reveals to us exactly what it is that He is calling us to. Not sure what to do, how to behave, what to say? Turn to His Word and let it cut you right to the bone in areas of your life that desperately need to be cut out, thrown away and burned.

So today Lord, I am stepping down off of my high horse. I am stepping out of the spotlight.

I am so thankful that You love me and accept me, that You have redeemed my life from the pit, and that You have placed my feet upon a firm rock. And I am yours, wholly yours, please take control.

No comments: