Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

One of the best parts of Christmas for me is being able to buy gifts for the people that I love. I am beginning to wonder if somewhere inside of me is the spiritual gift of giving just dying to get out. My husband would say that is just me trying to find a godly way to say that I like to shop. There is just something about getting something incredible for my loved ones, it makes me feel such great joy. And the best part is that it really doesn't matter to me whether they can get me something equally as surprising....for me it really is about the giving.

Speaking of giving, I can't even think of Christmas without knowing that because of Christmas I have been given the most incredible free gift of all time, a relationship with my Savior. It gives me great hope to think of the night that all of heaven watched as Christ the Savior was born. To think about the look on Mary and Joseph's face, on the faces of the Wise Men and the Shepherds, as they worshipped the baby who would become the great Lamb of God. I am filled with joy everytime I remember the gift that God has given me, that He loved me so much that even though I am a sinner, Christ died for me.

What a wonderful Savior! It is my hope that this Christmas season we would all remember that Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day, that He is head over heels in love with us, and that each day is a humbling reminder of our need for a Savior.

It delights God to give us this gift of salvation, just like it delights me to give gifts to the people that I love. We love because He first loved us. We give because He first gave to us. Have you accepted His gift? He is waiting just for you, He cares just for you. He is pursuing a relationship with you. I'm so grateful God that you pursue me, and that you have forgiven me.

No comments: